ESPN The Weekend Events
During the 3 days of ESPN The Weekend there were numerous events taking place throughout the day at both Disney's Hollywood Studios and the ESPN Wide World Of Sports complex at Disney World.
- Live broadcasts of your favorite ESPN Radio shows like: Mike & Mike In The Morning and The Herd with Colin Cowherd.
- Talk show style question and answer sessions including the 40 star athletes that participated in this year's event and ESPN Personalities. This took place on a giant stage erected next to the giant Sorcerer Mickey Hat at the end of Hollywood Boulevard.
- Frequent mini-Motorcades parading down Hollywood Boulevard showcasing the athletes and Disney Characters.
- For the sports fans that craved action, there was the ESPN SPORTS ZONE where Disney World guests could try their hand at a number of different stations to show off their skill at Baseball, Football, Basketball, & Golf. There was even a fishing demonstration tank .
- For the trivia masters there was the Stump The Schwab All-Star Game with Howie Schwab from ESPN where contestants face off to determine who has the ultimate sports knowledge.
Motorcades Down Hollywood Boulevard
Approximately 5 times a day there were Motorcades cruising down Hollywood Boulevard with Star Athletes and Disney Characters. Each Motorcade included a different group of sports stars including: Tony Dorsett, Julius Erving, Chad Occocinco, Darrelle Revis, Tim Tebow, & Cal Ripken Jr.
NBA Legend Alonzo Mourning with Minnie Mouse
NFL Hall Of Famer Darrell Green
NBA Hall Of Famer Karl Malone
NBA Hall Of Famer Kevin McHale
Former Pittsburgh Steeler and current ESPN Analyst Merril Hoge
Former New England Patriot and Current ESPN Analyst Tedy Bruschi
Amongst of the highlights of ESPN The Weekend were the relaxed, candid interview sessions done on the big stage at Disney's Hollywood Studios, where fans could be close to their idols and even ask questions. These frequent sessions held throughout the weekend featured small groups with like interests whether they were all football stars, basketball legends, or the ESPN Team from NFL Live. These sessions were great to be able to see the athletes up close and hear them answer questions from the ESPN Personalities and from the fans in the audience. Because this took place at Disney World, kids were allowed to ask questions also which made the event even more special for young sports fans.
NY Jets LaDainian Tomlinson, Darrelle Revis, and Bart Scott are interviewed by ESPN's Mike Greenberg
NBA Hall Of Famer Julius (Dr. J) Erving and ESPN's Sage Steele
ESPN's Dick Vitale with NBA Legends: Kevin McHale, Karl Malone, Alonzo Mourning, & Gary Payton
ESPN SPORTS ZONE
Sports Fans flocked to the ESPN Sports Zone that was set up behind the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. Here fans to participate in a number of hands of sports skills including: Long Drive Contest, Baseball Pitching, Baseball Hitting, Football Throwing, Basketball Shooting, and more.
Entrance To The ESPN SPORTS ZONE
Football Throwing Activity
Harlem Globetrotters take on a group of youngsters in an impromptu game of basketball
ESPN Baseball Tonight Motorhome and Baseball Pitching Area
Stump The Schwab
There were 6 sessions a day of the Stump The Schwab All-Star Game with Howie Schwab. Besides having Disney World guests as contestants they also got help from famous athletes.
Stump The Schwab All-Star Game in the Sounds Dangerous Theater
ESPN The Weekend took over much of the park at Disney's Hollywood Studios as they also used the Premiere Theater to host special editions of Inside The Huddle, NFL Live, and Baseball Tonight throughout the weekend.