Disney Dining Plan Pre-Trip Checklist
Once you have decided to add the Disney Dining Plan to your Disney World Vacation, there are a few steps that you should take to make sure that you get your money's worth out of this popular option.
- Read the Disney Dining Plan Brochure. Although this sounds pretty straight forward, the Official 2011 Disney Dining Plan Brochure has the basic information concerning the Disney Dining Plan and how it works. It also lists participating restaurants. This list is updated from time to time, as new restaurants are added. You will get a paper copy when you check in, but check out the above link to read it ahead of time. You can also get great Disney Dining Plan information at the : Only WDWorld Dining Plan Fact Page.
- Choose which Disney World Restaurants you would like to dine at. Unlike any other vacation you may take, you should choose your Disney Dining locations as far in advance as possible. The popularity of the Disney Dining Plan and many of the Disney World Restaurants has made it necessary to plan ahead if you want to eat at the restaurant of your choice. You can get help making your choices by reading:Both of these articles will help you make smart decisions during the process of choosing where you want to dine with your Disney Dining Plan Table Service Credits.
- Make Your Disney Dining Reservations. This may sound crazy, but you can and should make your Disney Dining Reservations up to 180 days before you arrive for your Disney World Vacation. The most popular Disney World Restaurants do fill up and will not have openings for walkups. The most popular can fill up months ahead of time. The good news is that reservations are easy to make. The easiest way to make reservations is to use Disney's On-Line Reservation System. You can read about it here: Making Disney World Dining Reservations Just Got Easier. You can also call to make reservations at: 1-407-WDW-DINE.
- Make A List Of Quick Service Dining Locations. Unlike the Disney World Table Service Restaurants that require reservations, the Quick Service (aka Counter Service) Restaurants are first come first serve. It is a good idea to have a couple ideas for each theme park for potential Quick Service Restaurants that you would like to eat at. This gives you flexibility in case your first choice is crowded when you are ready to eat and/or is on the other side of the park from where you are at during Lunch time. Disney Quick Service restaurants provide options way beyond basic hamburgers and fries, so don't settle for boring. Expect better and use your Disney Dining Plan credits to get better. To help you find the best check out: Top 10 Disney World Quick Service Restaurants.
- Don't Forget About The Snacks. Although once considered an afterthought, the Disney Dining Plan Snacks are one of the best parts of the Disney Dining Plan. There are so many wonderful choices for redeeming your Disney World Dining Snack Credits that it has spawned a slew of internet articles and recommendations. The roster of participating snacks changes frequently so you always have to be on the lookout. A couple of article to check out are: Best Disney Dining Plan Snacks & More Great Disney Dining Plan Snacks. The key is to not sell yourself short. There are so many great options, this is your chance to try them!
- You Are In Charge!
No matter what the recommendations are, the Disney Dining Plan is meant to remove stress and make your vacation more enjoyable. Don't let the Disney Dining Plan dominate your vacation, but certainly let it enhance your vacation by letting you enjoy meals that you might not normally get to enjoy on a typical vacation. Take advantage of all that Disney World has to offer in terms of dining to create a memorable experience to add to your vacation. If done correctly dining at Disney World can be as entertaining as any attraction.
The Disney Dining Plan can greatly enhance your Disney World Vacation. Take advantage of the time before your vacation to do some planning and get the most out of this great Disney Vacation option. Planning ahead allows you to better enjoy your vacation and ensures that you can match your Disney experience with Dining Choices that fit your family.