Only WDWorld has set out to create a list of Must See Attractions for your Disney World Vacation. This list is based upon a typical week long vacation with 6 days to spend at the Disney World Theme Parks.
The Magic Kingdom was the first theme park created at Disney World and for most it is also their favorite. You should plan on spending two days at the Magic Kingdom during your Disney World Vacation.
1. Space Mountain – The original roller coaster in the dark is still thrilling after all these years.
2. it’s a small world! – No Disney vacation is complete without riding this classic attraction.
3. Pirates of the Caribbean – Explore the world of pirates and catch Jack Sparrow in action.
4. Splash Mountain – Thrilling flume ride and great audio-animatronics from “Song Of The South”
5. Wishes – The Definition of a Fireworks Show. Disney knows how to do it right!
6. Main Street Electrical Parade – Unbelievable night time parade, not to be missed.
7. Celebrate A Dream Come True Parade – Disney excels at parades, so don’t miss it.
8. Peter Pan’s Flight – Best ride in Fantasyland with unique ride system to simulate flight.
9. Jungle Cruise – Classic Disney attraction filled with corny jokes and family fun.
10. Hall Of Presidents – Incredible tribute to the American Presidents with amazing audioanimatronics.
11. Haunted Mansion – Another great Disney hallmark attraction that isn’t too scary.
12. Tomorrowland Transportation Authority – Restful trip through Tomorrowland.
13. Mickey’s PhilharMagic – Unbelievable use of 3-D movie technology.
14. Walt Disney Railroad – Get a view of the whole park in one big loop.
15. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – Exciting Rollercoaster without the big hill. Great theming!
16. Walt Disney’s Carousel Of Progress – 1964 World’s Fair creation that is still fun to see today.
17. Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin – Toy Story tie-in that is fun competition for whole family.
18. Country Bear Jamboree – Enjoyable show filled with music and corny jokes.
19. Dumbo – Classic attraction aboard Dumbo, the lovable flying elephant.
20. Character Meet & Greets – Meet Mickey Mouse, your favorite Disney Princess, or Tinker Bell and her fairy friends.
Epcot is a very large park filled with attractions and things to see and do. This park focuses upon technology and World Cultures. You will find many interactive exhibits here, as well as, a wide variety of live entertainment. You should also plan on spending two days experiencing Epcot.
Must See List of Things To Do In Epcot:
1. Soarin’ – Amazing Hang Gliding Simulation that is for the whole family.
2. Test Track – The fastest attraction at Disney World as you take a car through its paces.
3. Spaceship Earth – Relaxing history of communications in the giant geosphere.
4. Living Seas With Nemo and Friends – Amazing giant aquarium that never gets old.
5. Illuminations: Reflections of Earth – The laser, fire, video, waterspout, fireworks show each night.
6. American Adventure – Incredible audio-animatronic show of the history of America.
7. Mission Space – Whether you choose Mild or Wild try this Space flight simulator.
8. Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure – Cool interactive game that takes one on mission in the World Showcase.
9. Living With The Land – Relaxing boat ride and great look at what is possible in farming, gardening, and science of plants.
10. Ellen’s Energy Adventure – Enjoyable trip back to Dinosaur times learning about Energy along with Ellen.
11. Captain EO – Michael Jackson’s landmark 17 minute 3-D Film.
12. Maelstrom – Exciting boat ride through Norway past trolls and polar bears.
13. World Showcase Kidcot Stations – Great way for kids to interact with Disney Cast Members from all over the World and make a mask that they can take home as “free” souvenir.
14. Experience World Showcase – A whole day can be spent exploring the 11 Country Pavilions of the World Showcase.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Disney’s Hollywood Studios is your chance to experience the movies from a totally different point of view. There are thrill rides, stunt shows, musical shows, and behind the scenes looks at movie making. Plan on spending 1 day at Hollywood Studios.
1. Toy Story Midway Mania – The ultimate video game turned into a theme park experience.
2. Twilight Zone Tower Of Terror – Incredible Elevator Drop Ride that is beyond thrilling.
3. Rock ‘n Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith – Fast paced indoor Roller Coaster set to the music of Aerosmith.
4. Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular – Stunt show recreating famous scenes from The Raiders of The Lost Ark.
5. Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show – Car chases, jumps, and explosions all taking place right before your eyes at unbelievable sppeds.
6. Voyage of the Little Mermaid – Live action, animation, and puppetry are used to make this popular show retelling Ariel’s story.
7. The Great Movie Ride – A trip through the history of the movies with scenes from many classic favorites.
8. Star Tours – Adventure on a Starspeeder that gets off course and caught up in the battle between the Rebels and the Alliance.
9. Muppet*Vision 3D – Muppets with 3D technology that sounds like a recipe for fun and mischief.
10. American Idol Experience – Disney’s version of American Idol, where you vote for the winner and the contestants are fighting to win a Front of the Line Audition Pass.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
At Disney’s Animal Kingdom the live animals are the star of the show. This is a park that should be allotted one full day. The shows are top notch and are not to be missed and Expedition Everest may be the best ride at Disney World. This is the newest of the 4 theme parks and the level of Imagineering Detail is amazing.
Here is the Animal Kingdom Must Do List:
1. Expedition Everest – Fear the Yeti on this amazing Roller Coaster set on Disney World’s Tallest Mountain.
2. Kilimanjaro Safaris – The single largest attraction area wise, this is where you will find animals in natural habitat areas on this simulated safari through Africa.
3. Festival Of The Lion King – Top notch show featuring singers, dancers, acrobats, and beautiful costumes.
4. Finding Nemo The Musical – Broadway style musical with incredible puppets tell the story of Marlin and his quest to be re-united with his son Nemo.
5. Dinosaur! – Time travel thriller as you escape hungry dinosaurs and a earth shattering asteroid.
6. Kali River Rapids – Guaranteed to be soaked after riding this raft ride.
7. It’s Tough To Be A Bug / Tree Of Life - 3-D movie and audio-animatronic action with the characters from A Bug’s Life movie.
8. Mickey’s Jammin’ Jungle Parade – Fun parade with Mickey Mouse and a Jungle Safari twist.
9. Maharajah Jungle Trek – Walking tour to explore the animals of Asia.
10. Pangani Forest Exploration Trail – Walking tour to explore and learn about the animals of Africa.
Other Items That Should Be On Your Must Do List
1. Ride The Monorail – Disney’s featured form of transportation.
2. Eat at a Character Meal – Get personal interaction with the Disney Characters while dining in themed restaurant.
3. Take pictures with Disney Characters – Preserve the memories by posing with the Disney Characters and taking your picture with them.
4. Stop to enjoy the wonderful Disney World Live Entertainment in each of the parks- The live entertainment in the Disney World Parks is top notch and to often passed by as people race to the next attraction. This is part of what makes Disney World so great – so slow down and enjoy it!