Disney World is always changing and 2014 brings about a major change to the way that guests avoid standing in lines. The old FASTPASS system is gone, and it has been replaced with FastPass+!
Before you ever leave your home to start your Disney World Vacation, you can now rest easy that you have secured times to ride on Toy Story Midway Mania! and your other favorite Disney World attractions.
Presenting Disney World FastPass+
In conjunction with the new MyDisneyExperience and other changes to how you plan for your Disney World vacation, FastPass+ is now an integral part of your pre-vacation planning process.
Although everyone will have access to this system, there will be a definite advantage to anyone who is staying at an on-site Walt Disney World Resort Hotel and either already has Magic Your Way Park Tickets (or an Annual Pass) or purchases them as part of a package with the Resort room.
Those that are staying on-site will be able, through the MyDisneyExperience part of the www.DisneyWorld.com website or through a mobile app will be able to register their vacation stay and make their FastPass+ selections up to 60 days in advance.
Guests not staying on-site will be able to make FastPass+ selections inside the Disney theme parks on the day of their visit at a number of different kiosks. The concern will be availability for the most popular attractions. The ability to wait in the normal lines will still exist as well.
The FastPass+ system remains free to all Disney World Guests just like its predecessor the FASTPASS.
Using The Disney World MyDisneyExperience Website
The website is not to difficult to use, but it does take a little time to become familiar with it. Once you are set up, then it is just a matter of following the on screen steps and making your selections.
Once you go into the FastPass+ area, you start by selecting a day to plan. Once the day is selected you must choose one Disney World Theme Park (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios, or Disney's Animal Kingdom) to make your FastPass+ selections. Even if you are planning to Park Hop you may only get FastPasses for one park per day.
Once you have chosen a theme park then you are given the opportunity to select up to 3 attractions to receive a FastPass for. After the initial selection you will be shown available options to choose from. Although the system is not quite as flexible as the Disney Dining Reservation system, it still does a good job.
Each park has a different number of attractions that can be selected. They range from Attractions, Entertainment Options, Character Meet & Greets, or preferential locations for parades or fireworks shows.
Here are the currently available options for each Disney park.
- "it's a small world"®
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad®
- Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin®
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant®
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- Haunted Mansion®
- Jungle Cruise®
- Mad Tea Party
- Meet Ariel at Her Grotto
- Meet Cinderella and a Visiting Princess at Princess Fairytale Hall
- Meet Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater
- Meet Rapunzel and a Visiting Princess at Princess Fairytale Hall
- Mickey's PhilharMagic®
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor®
- Peter Pan's Flight®
- Pirates of the Caribbean®
- Space Mountain®
- Splash Mountain®
- The Barnstormer
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid
- IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth
- Meet Disney Pals at the Epcot Character Spot
- Test Track® Presented by Chevrolet®
- Captain EO
- Journey Into Imagination With Figment
- Living with the Land
- Mission: SPACE®
- Spaceship Earth
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends®
- Turtle Talk With Crush
- Beauty and the Beast-Live on Stage
- Rock 'n' Roller Coaster® Starring Aerosmith
- Toy Story Midway Mania!
- Disney Junior - Live on Stage!
- Indiana Jones™ Epic Stunt Spectacular!
- Lights, Motors, Action!® Extreme Stunt Show®
- Muppet*Vision 3D
- Star Tours® - The Adventures Continue
- The American Idol® Experience
- The Great Movie Ride®
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™
- Voyage of The Little Mermaid
- Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain®
- Finding Nemo - The Musical
- It's Tough to be a Bug!®
- Kali River Rapids®
- Kilimanjaro Safaris®
- Meet Favorite Disney Pals at Adventurers Outpost
- Primeval Whirl®