Disney World Top 6 FREE Activities
6. Exploring and Touring Disney's Wilderness Lodge - Disney World Resorts are attractions in their own right and Disney's Wilderness Lodge is certainly one of the most impressive. This homage to the great National Park Lodges of the Northwest is amazing! There are free tours offered most days to give you the in depth knowledge or you can explore on your own at any time. Use Disney Transportation from any Theme Park or Downtown Disney to get to the Wilderness Lodge. As a special treat take the boat launch at night from the Magic Kingdom to the Wilderness Lodge for an extra special experience.
5. Sanaa or Jiko and Boma Restaurant Tours - The Disney World Resorts are not the only areas worth touring. At Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge there are two different daily tours of their unique restaurants. One is located at the Kidani Village Building for Sanaa and the other is located in the main Jambo House building for a tour of Boma and Jiko. Each tour takes you through the restaurant and points out the history and cultural traditions that are represented through many amazing artifacts. As a bonus you are treated to a FREE sampling of the African Breads and dipping sauces.
4. Watching Wishes Fireworks and Electrical Water Pageant From Polynesian Resort Beach - Did you know that Disney World's Longest Running Parade is actually The Electrical Water Pageant that cruises the Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake each evening? If you travel to the Polynesian Resort, you can walk down to their sand beaches or boat dock to get a great view of the Wishes Fireworks Display and the Electric Light Parade. No tickets required to watch this beautiful night time show.
3. Exploring and Touring Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge - The Grand Floridian Resort may be the most luxurious resort, but Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge takes the cake for most incredibly themed and amazing experience for visiting. The building itself is structurally appealing with its African design and artifact filled lobby, but this resort has its own Savannah filled with Giraffes, Ostriches, Wildebeests, Ankole Cattle, and other wonderful animals.
2. Disney's Boardwalk Night Time Entertainment - Great magicians, jugglers, and other entertainers are FREE to enjoy each night at Disney's Boardwalk. For about 3 hours each night entertainers perform along the Boardwalk in an up close and personal manner that makes it all the more enjoyable. Often they include the bystanders (especially children) in their acts as volunteers. Don't forget to have your cameras with you!
1. Chip 'n Dale Sing Along at Fort Wilderness - Old school wholesome family fun can still be had at Fort Wilderness and it is FREE for any Walt Disney World Resort Guest to enjoy. Each evening there is a campfire where marshmallows are roasted (bring your own or purchase there), then Chip 'n Dale, the fun-loving chipmunks join in for a sing along of family friendly songs and a meet and greet and photograph session. Afterward a Disney Movie is shown on the outdoor screen in an outdoorsy pseudo drive in movie fashion. The entertainment is totally free and the environment is all about relaxing with families.