Today we are going to look at the Quick Service Dining Plan and several compelling reasons that you may want to choose it for your next Walt Disney World Resort Vacation.
What Is The Quick Service Dining Plan?
Let's start off by defining what makes up the Quick Service Dining Plan. For each night of your Disney World Resort stay you receive:
- Two (2) Quick Service Meals that include: Entree or Combo Meal, Non-Alcoholic Beverage, & Dessert.
- Two (2) Snack Items - These are single serving food items that usually sell for $4.00 or less and are denoted by the Disney Snack Symbol on the menu boards (most often - Drinks, Desserts, Snack items).
- One (1) Refillable Resort Mug - This mug can be used for soft drinks, coffee, and hot chocolate and refilled for free at your resort during the duration of your stay.
Note: If you purchase this dining plan, you must purchase it for all members of your party, and for the entire stay for that reservation.
Reasons For Choosing Quick Service Dining Plan
There are many different reasons for selecting the Quick Service Dining Plan. Here are some of the most popular:
- It is the least expensive of the Disney Dining Plans. It allows you to make your vacation into an all-inclusive package, that you know your expenses up front. This can be a great help with budgeting.
- Flexibility - No reservations are required to eat at any of the Disney Quick Service Restaurants. This allows you to be spontaneous. If the ability to change your plans and act on impulse is important to you, then this is the plan for you.
- Saves Time - If you are the type that would rather be spending your time on rides and attractions, than sitting in a restaurant, this plan allows you to do so.
- Group goes their separate ways - If you have a family that likes to split up for awhile and then regroup later, this gives you flexibility for each person to eat what they want, when they want. Each person will get their own card with access to redeem their dining credits when they need them.
- Splitting Meals - If you want to split meals, you can do that. This is not typically possible in the Table Service Restaurants, but it is not a problem with the Quick Service meals.
Unlike the stereotypical theme park fast food, Disney World Quick Service Offers a wide variety of tasty food options that you may not have expected. Here are some favorite dishes and where you can find them:
- 1/2 Rack of Ribs - Flame Tree Barbecue, Animal Kingdom
- Shrimp Lo Mein - Yak & Yeti Counter Service, Animal Kingdom
- Chicken & Beef Brisket - Fairfax Fare - Hollywood Studios
- Southwest Salad with Chicken - Backlot Express - Hollywood Studios
- Grilled Salmon or Roasted Beets & Goat Cheese Salad - Sunshine Seasons, Epcot
- Lamb Shawarma Platter with hummus, Tabouleh, and a Tangierine CousCous Salad - Tangierine Cafe, Epcot
- Cheesesteak Flatbread - Cosmic Ray's, Magic Kingdom
- Fried Shrimp Basket - Columbia Harbour House, Magic Kingdom
- Fried Chicken Breast with Gravy - Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Cafe, Magic Kingdom
- Chicken & Field Mushroom Dublin Style Pie - Cooke's Of Dublin, Downtown Disney
- Spaghetti & Meatballs or Chicken Pesto Focaccia - Wolfgang Puck Express, Downtown Disney
The Disney Quick Service Dining Plan has a lot to offer for those looking to add a Dining Plan to their Walt Disney World Resort vacation plans. Despite being the lowest cost option, there is still a lot to like about the Quick Service Dining Plan. With over 50 different Quick Service Restaurant locations to choose from all across the Disney World Resort property it offers a great variety of choices and the ultimate in flexibility. Take the time to consider if the Quick Service Dining Plan is the right choice for your next vacation.
For more Disney Dining Plan information including details of the other available plans and participating restaurants: Only WDWorld's Disney Dining Plan Facts.