- Disney World does not offer much in the way of discounts on theme park tickets. The current system is called Magic Your Way.
- They instead offer a tiered pricing system that favors longer stays. You get a much better deal for stays that are 4 days or longer. See table below:
- For days 1 through 3 you average over $70/day. Starting with day 4 the average cost per day goes down dramatically.
- You are much better off planning one 6 - 7 day trip instead of two 2-3 day trips.
- The park hopping option costs $50 per ticket, no matter how many days you buy the ticket for. This really only makes sense for the longer visits. Otherwise save your money and don't get this option.
- You can always upgrade your tickets at the parks, even after you have used them, as long as you upgrade within 14 days of initial use. If you are unsure about Park Hopper option, don't get it and add later if you really need it.
- You can not downgrade tickets, or get refund for unused options. If not sure buy lower amount and upgrade when needed, no cost penalty to do so.
- When you are ready to purchase your tickets, stay with a reputable ticket seller. There is too much money at stake for minimal savings.
- I recommend these 3 options for buying your tickets:
- On-line with Disney World: http://www.disneyworld.com/
- Purchase through AAA either on-line or at local office
- Purchase through: Undercover Tourist at: http://www.undercovertourist.com/
There are a few other reputable dealers out there, but I have used these three and I trust them.
For more ticket information go to: http://onlywdworldtickets.blogspot.com/