Wild Africa Trek
The Wild Africa Trek will be offered several times a day, but groups will be limited to 12 at a time. The tour will provide an "up close and personal" experience with wildlife species found in the Pangani Forest as well as the Harambe Wildlife Reserve. This will not be your typical tour by any means!
In order to get views never experienced at Disney World, guests will clip onto a lifeline to step to the very edge of a cliff getting extremely close to the hippos and crocs.
According to Michael Colglazier, vice president of Disney's Animal Kingdom:
"Adventure-minded guests will have the experience of a lifetime as they get immersed in an authentic African safari experience that only Disney can deliver. We are thrilled to be offering this unique outdoor adventure aimed at active vacationers, taking interactions with the incredible animals that inhabit the Harambe Reserve to the next level and literally blazing new trails in our park.”Wild Africa Trek Highlights:
- Trekking with experienced guides through areas of Harambe Wildlife Reserve that aren’t explored during regular Disney’s Animal Kingdom experiences.
- Navigating through fern and vine forests on a bushwalk that sets a course for adventure.
- Clipping into a harness attached to a safety line, crossing a seemingly precarious rope bridge over the Safi River and cliff-hanging at the edge of gullies that are home to hippos and crocodiles.
- Experiencing the thrill of “over-landing” in customized open-air vehicles following the edge of a magnificent, wide-open savanna.
- Unwinding from an unforgettable adventure at a private safari camp for wildlife viewing. At this station elevated above the savanna, guests savor sample tastes of Africa as their adventure draws to a relaxing and satisfying close.
Reservations for Wild Africa Trek can be arranged by calling 407-WDW-TOUR (939-8687). Pricing for this unique adventure will vary seasonally. Guests who reserve a booking from Jan. 16-Feb. 26, 2011, may take advantage of an introductory offer starting at $129. Park admission is required for participants.
As Disney World looks to provide more immersive experiences like these, look for addition premium tours to be added in the future. The Wild Africa Trek should certainly attract both the adventure seeker and the animal lover.