Believe it or not there are a lot of fun activities that can be done for FREE while you are on your Disney World vacation.
All of the activities listed below do not require entrance to the parks or any other tickets. The only requirement is that you are staying at one of the Walt Disney World Resorts.
Ride Around And Explore
Disney World provides complementary transportation to its resort guests to get around the 47 square miles that makes up the resort, so take advantage of it:
- Not exciting, but use the Disney Bus System to get not only to Downtown Disney and the 4 theme parks, but you can also get to both Water Parks and all 26 of the Disney World Resorts and Disney Vacation Club Resorts.
- Ride a Monorail - You can ride one or all 12 monorail trains at Disney World. Use them to visit the Contemporary, Polynesian, and Grand Floridian Resorts or travel between Epcot and the Magic Kingdom. Riding the monorail is a fun activity all by itself. Ride up front with the pilot and you will have an experience you will remember for a long time.
- Take a boat ride. Deciding to take a boat ride is the easy part. The hard part is deciding which one. Choose any or all of the following free boat rides:
- Ferryboat from Ticket and Transportation Center across Seven Seas Lagoon to Magic Kingdom and/or back.
- Friendship boat from Epcot International Gateway to the Boardwalk and continuing on to more resorts and finally Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- Boat from the Port Orleans Riverside Resort along the Sassagoula River to Downtown Disney and back. This is a very relaxing cruise that is primarily used by Port Orleans Guests, but is open to all Disney Resort Guests.
- Water Launches from the Magic Kingdom Area Resorts including: Wilderness Lodge, Ft. Wilderness, Contemporary,Polynesian, and Grand Floridian to the Magic Kingdom across the Seven Seas Lagoon.
Take A Tour
There are several free tours that are offered at some of Disney World's best themed resorts. For information about tour times, just talk to someone in guest services at the resort you are staying in and inquire about these tours:
- Animal Kingdom Lodge Tour: Breathtaking is the best word to describe the lobby for the Animal Kingdom Lodge. The African theming and artwork is incredible, so it is no wonder that they proudly offer free tours to help you take in the details.
- Wilderness Lodge Tour: This resort pays homage to the great National Park Lodges of the American West and the Native American Cultures. This is also an unbelievable resort with the 7 story lobby that includes an 82 foot tall fireplace is an attraction itself and a tour would be worth your time.
- Grand Floridian Tour: This Victorian Style Resort is the Flagship of Walt Disney World Resorts that delivers an opulent experience.
- Yacht Club Resort Tour: This 1880's New England Coastal Style Resort located in Disney World's Boardwalk Area was designed by renowned architect Robert A.M. Stern.
See the Animals
Travel to the Animal Kingdom Lodge to go out to the viewing areas to see the inhabitants of the resort's savannahs. Although it does not have all of the animals that you can see in the Animal Kingdom Park, you can see many up close and talk to Cast Members about them.
Enjoy the Nightlife
- Visit the Boardwalk area and browse the shopping areas and enjoy the free entertainers that stroll through the area and perform. You can also catch the Epcot fireworks each night from the Boardwalk.
- Atlantic Dance Hall - For ages 21 and over - Dance the night away at this Boardwalk nightclub with DJ. No Cover Charge = FREE.
- Visit the Polynesian Resort and stroll down to the white sand beach to enjoy the night, watch the Magic Kingdom Fireworks and watch the Electrical Water Pageant on the Seven Seas Lagoon each evening.
- Go the the Ft. Wilderness Resort and Campground for the free Campfire and Movie experience each night (weather permitting) under the stars.
- Stroll through Downtown Disney to see the sights.
If you are looking for a new activity to add to your next Walt Disney World vacation, but didn't want to add to your budget, give one or more of these FREE activities a try.