5 Great Disney World Table Service Restaurants To Visit Without Disney Dining Plan
Not all great restaurants cost a small fortune. These 5 actually are better deals to either pay OOP (out of pocket) or using the Tables In Wonderland discount than using the Disney Dining Plan. Each has something more to offer in entertainment value beyond being just a place to get a decent meal.
5. Tony's Town Square - It is always nice to be able to dine in the Magic Kingdom. Tony's Town Square is themed upon the Italian restaurant that is featured in the movie Lady & The Tramp. This restaurant has a good selection of reasonably priced Italian dishes and windows that allow you to see the Main Street Electrical Parade pass by.
4. 50's Prime Time Diner - Disney World is known for its excellent theming and storytelling. The 50's Prime Time Diner is a true dining experience. The wait staff could best be called actors, because they are playing a role and they do a great job of it. The food on the menu is comfort food and is good if not gourmet. This is a true dining experience that deserves to be on people's list along with other favorite attractions.
3. Yak & Yeti - Disney's Animal Kingdom is Disney World's best themed park and Yak & Yeti is a great restaurant to explore and take in all there is to see. The real bonus is that the Asian inspired food is really good, making it a good dining experience as well. This under appreciated restaurant is a hidden gem that should be on more people's "must do" list. Make sure you add it to yours before it becomes so popular that you can't get reservations.
2. Le Cellier for lunch - One of the most hyped restaurants as Disney World is Le Cellier in the Canada Pavilion of Epcot. Recently this restaurant made the transition to Signature Level dining status recognizing the excellent food that has been available and upgrading the menu for Dinner. Even after the changes it still remains one of the best values at Disney World for lunch. You have a wide variety of affordable choices in a top notch restaurant. Choose from the famous Cheddar Cheese Soup, great sandwiches or the signature Filet Mignon at a much friendlier price than during Dinner hours.
1. Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater - This Disney's Hollywood Studios restaurant is pure fun. The restaurant is set up to resemble a drive-in theater. The dining booths are in the shape of classic 50's cars with 6 seats, two wide by three deep. There is a full size drive-in theater movie screen that shows a continuous loop of excerpts from b-grade sci-fi movies. The food is good and the prices are reasonable. This restaurant is a Disney Attraction that should be on everyone's list at least once, if not more often. This is truly a fun escape from the Florida heat and is a dining experience that is unique to Disney World.