Only WDWorld will help you plan your upcoming Disney World Vacation by sharing some of the Top Restaurants, Shows, & Attractions for Families with Young Children that should be on your "Disney Must Do List."
Disney World Restaurants
When dining with young children there are several factors to keep in mind:
- Kid friendly food choices while still offering great food for adults to enjoy.
- Fast food service to keep children from getting restless.
- Entertainment while you are eating to make it an experience that they will remember long after the vacation is over.
- Chef Mickey's - This buffet meal served at Disney's Contemporary Resort is hosted by none other than Mickey Mouse himself! No Disney World Vacation is complete without spending time with Mickey and this is the best way to do so. Mickey and friends not only entertain the entire restaurant, but they make personal stops at each table for autograph signing and photo opportunities.
- 1900 Park Fare - This buffet restaurant housed in the luxurious Grand Floridian Resort may not be as well known as dining in Cinderella Castle, but this may be the best way to meet Cinderella, Prince Charming, and the Step Sisters.
- Crystal Palace - This buffet located within the Magic Kingdom is host to Winnie The Pooh, Piglet, Tigger, and Eeyore. The food is great and even the adults can't wait to get their picture taken with Pooh and Tigger.
- Monsters Inc Laugh Floor - Meet Mike Wazowski and your other favorite characters from Monsters Inc in this kid friendly live comedy show featuring animated characters interacting with the crowd.
In Epcot the best entertainment is found in the various countries of the World Showcase. In addition to the entertainment listed below there are opportunities for children to interact with Cast Members from each Country to learn what life is like there.
- Jeweled Dragon Acrobats - these Chinese Acrobats will astonish the on-looking crowd with their feats of balance, flexibility, and daring.
- Miyuki - The "Candy Lady" demonstrates an age-old Japanese tradition by creating beautiful animals right before your eyes from the taffy-like candy.
- Turtle Talk With Crush - This is your chance to interact with an animated Crush from Finding Nemo. Be amazed as he interacts with the crowds and answers questions from the children in the crowd.
Disney World Attractions For Young Children
What is a theme park without attractions? Disney World may contain 4 of the most highly 'themed', theme parks in the world. For Disney it is all about the story telling and from the moment you enter the parks, you become part of the story. Each attraction has a story to tell and even the queues that you wait in are highly themed and start the process of telling the story for the attractions. Here are the attractions that we recommend the most for young children:
Disney's Animal Kingdom
- Kilimanjaro Safaris - Travel on a "two-week" safari of the Harambe Wildlife Reserve to see an amazing array of animals in their natural habitats.
- Affection Section at Rafiki's Planet Watch - Get a chance to pet the animals and spend some time learning about them.
- Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin - Shoot targets to score points and help Buzz Lightyear stop the Evil Emporer Zurg.
- "it's a small world" - Classic Disney Attraction in a park filled with classics. Just sit back, sing along, and enjoy the multitude of animatronic figures performing.
- Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room - This musical show has returned to its roots and is better than ever. be serenaded by a variety of birds, flowers, and tikis during this Polynesian flavored show.