Sci-Fi Dine In Theater Restaurant
Situated near Star Tours, the Sci-Fi Dine In Theater Restaurant looks like many of the other "Sound Stage" buildings that you at Disney's Hollywood Studios. The building is even labeled Stage 14. Inside you will find the recreation of a classic Drive In Theater, complete with specially made cars for you to dine in, and a giant movie screen playing clips from a variety of B Grade Sci-Fi movies. If you watch the clips closely you will notice some big name stars in these not so famous movies.
The majority of the seating in the Sci-Fi Dine In Theater takes place in 6 passenger cars that seat 2 passengers per row. The lighting is dim and as you look around it will bring back memories of being at a Drive In Theater for those of you old enough to remember.
The kitchen is located at the back of the restaurant, cleverly themed to be the Snack Bar.
Each of the cars shows a "Disney" model emblem on the hood.
Each car also has a license plate. You will only find Western states represented, since we are supposed to be in Hollywood.
Sci-Fine Dine In Theater Menu
The menu at the Sci-Fi Dine In Theater ranges from Sandwiches to Steaks and Pasta. There is a separate Lunch and Dinner menu with the Lunch Menu including a couple of additional sandwiches and the Dinner Menu adding a Steak.
Some of the entrees on the Menu include:
- Butcher Steak with Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Vegetable with Red Wine Sauce $22.99
- Shrimp Pasta - Bow Tie Pasta and Sauteed Shrimp with Olive oil, Garlic, Basil, and fresh Tomatoes topped with Parmesan $21.99
- Beef and Blue Salad - Sliced Butcher Tender Steaks with a Wedge of Iceberg Lettuce topped with Blue Cheese Dressing, Tomatoes, and Bacon $16.49
- Smoked St. Louis style Ribs basted in Barbecue sauce and served with Coleslaw and choice of Baked Beans or Cucumber Salad. $21.99
- The Reuben - Corned Beef, Sauerkraut, Swiss Cheese, and Thousand Island Dressing on Marble Rye Bread served with a Pickle Spear and choice of Cucumber Salad or French Fries $12.49
- Italian Grilled Chicken Sandwich with Provolone and Bruschetta Topping served on a Kaiser Roll with Cucumber Salad or French Fries. $14.49
- Angus Chuck Burger - Flame Broiled Beef Patty topped with Cheddar or Swiss, Sauteed Onions, Mushrooms, Crispy Bacon, Lettuce, and Vine-ripened Tomatoes served with choice of Cucumber Salad or French Fries $13.99
- Smoked Turkey Sandwich - Smoked Turkey, crispy Bacon, Lettuce, and Vine Ripened Tomatoes with Avocado Mayonnaise on Multigrain Bread served with Cucumber Salad $12.99
During a recent meal we started out with the milkshakes, which were large, and very tasty. The Oreo Cookie Milkshakes are pictured above and certainly hit the spot on a hot Florida day.
One entree we tried was The Reuben. It was a very good sandwich and the accompanying french fries were crisp and tasty.
The other entree we tried was the Beef and Blue Salad. Although it did not photograph well in the low light, it was much better than expected. Instead of the typical steak salad, this dish had the salad next to the steak. This way the steak was hot and the salad was cool. It worked well and made a great meal. Definitely recommended.
Great Disney World Dining Experience
The Sci-Fi Dine In Theater Restaurant is a recommended dining location to consider when choosing a place to eat at Disney's Hollywood Studios. The highly themed dining experience certainly differs from anything else you will enjoy at Disney World. This is a place that my family enjoyed and I am certain that yours will too. The food was better than expected and the setting made for a fun time that was as enjoyable as any Disney attraction.