Disney World has added a tour like no other to it's lineup of guest experiences. The newest opportunity for guests is called the Wild Africa Trek at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
This 3 hour tour goes beyond any previous safari style offering in the past. Here you will have the opportunity to view the animals from places never available to guests before. The experience sounds amazing. Group sizes are limited to just 12, and the initial price is $129 per person + admission to Disney's Animal Kingdom, so this is not something everyone will choose to do.
If you are looking for a premium Disney World Vacation experience that will provide memories for a lifetime, this may be the answer for the adventurer in your group.
Here is the official Disney Press Release:
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – Navigating a rickety footbridge suspended over a river chasm can be a white-knuckle experience. For explorers on an all-new Disney adventure, what lurks below their bridge may quicken their step to get to the other side: crocodiles!
A ravine of menacing-looking crocs, pools of hippos, bushwalks along untracked terrain and other thrills await guests on Wild Africa Trek, a unique wildlife experience into the deepest, most-remote reaches of Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
Reservations can be booked now for the three-hour, expert-led adventure that immerses guests in the realms and wildlife thrills of far-off Africa – without leaving Walt Disney World Resort. In small groups, guests on Wild Africa Trek enjoy an “up-close-and-personal” experience with African wildlife species that make their home in Pangani Forest as well as other areas of the park’s Harambe Wildlife Reserve.
As part of the adventure, guests clip onto a lifeline as they step to the very edge of a cliff to get amazingly close to the hippos and crocs waiting just below. Talk about cliff-hangers!
“Adventure-minded guests will have the experience of a lifetime as they get immersed in an authentic African safari experience that only Disney can deliver,” said Michael Colglazier, vice president of Disney’s Animal Kingdom. “We are thrilled to be offering this unique outdoor adventure aimed at active vacationers, taking interactions with the incredible animals that inhabit the Harambe Reserve to the next level and literally blazing new trails in our park.”
Highlights of what’s in store for guests on this add-on adventure:
- Trekking with experienced guides through areas of Harambe Wildlife Reserve that aren’t explored during regular Disney’s Animal Kingdom experiences.
- Navigating winding pathways through dense fern, bamboo and vine forests on a bushwalk that sets a course for adventure.
- Clipping into a harness attached to a safety line, crossing a seemingly precarious rope bridge over the Safi River and cliff-hanging at the edge of gullies that are home to hippos and crocodiles.
- After pausing at an overlook above the grasslands for breathtaking views, boarding customized open-air vehicles that course through the vastness of a magnificent savanna. Extended time is allotted for animal viewing with expert guides.
- Unwinding from an unforgettable adventure at a private safari camp for viewing of wildebeest and giraffe, elephants and gazelles, eland and antelope. At this station elevated above the savanna, guests savor this panorama of wildlife and sample tastes of Africa as their adventure draws to a relaxing and satisfying close.
Wild Africa Trek is offered several times daily at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Groups are kept small, consisting of no more than 12 trekkers per safari.
Reservations for Wild Africa Trek (ages 8 and up) can be arranged by calling 407/WDW-TOUR (939-8687). Pricing for this unique adventure will vary seasonally. Included is a Disney photographer who will provide each trekker with select photos of their experience. Guests who wish to experience Wild Africa Trek between now and Feb. 26, 2011, may take advantage of an introductory offer starting at $129 per person. For more information, visit Disneyworld.com/disneyafricatrek.
Park admission is required for tour participants.