The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin will be hosting the First Annual Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic on October 8 and 9, 2010. This exciting new event will be held during the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival giving Disney World guests even more culinary festivities to enjoy!
With great restaurants like: Todd English’s Blue Zoo, Shula’s Steakhouse, Il Mulino New York Trattoria, Kimonos, and Cabanas, the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin are certainly no stranger to fine food & drink.
On Friday October 8th and Saturday October 9th, 2010 there will be beverage seminars and tasting stations open on the causeway with food and beverage samples for just $2 per ticket.
Six Different Seminars To Choose From:
Details from the Food & Wine Classic Website:
WINE BLENDING SEMINAR
Their certified sommeliers believe there is no better way to truly learn about wine than to taste it! During this hands-on seminar, we will break down the components of barrel samples while discussing the origins of the wine, review the plush varieties of grapes, and take a step-by-step look at the delicate wine making process. The real fun begins with an opportunity to blend your very own meritage! Become more adventurous and knowledgeable about the art of wine and always purchase the right bottle for any occasion.
Instructor: Tony Porcellini, Director of Food & Beverage/Certified Wine Sommelier
Discover the broad range of Riesling styles. Known mostly for its highly aromatic and sweet honey flavor profile, we will discuss (and taste!) both dry and sweet variations as well as light to full-bodied alternatives. The versatility of this noble grape allows for pairing with anything from salads to seafood to sweets.
Instructor: Luciano Sperduto, Assistant Director of Food & Beverage/Certified Wine Sommelier, B.A.R. Certified
Learn the science behind our mixologists’ methods as we play with aromas, temperature and texture. We apply the same concepts as some of the world’s most innovative chefs - Ferran Adria, Jose Andres, and Thomas Keller - to create our unconventional libations. We’ll balance out your experience in this course with tasty treats from our bluezoo chefs’ culinary laboratory. Impress guests at your next social gathering with these clever cocktail tips!
Instructors: Douglas Draper, Todd English’s bluezoo Manager, Christopher Windus, Todd English’s bluezoo Executive Chefs
ALL THINGS SAKE
Dive into the history of sake, the current trends in the industry, and a hint at what we can expect tomorrow. Topics include vessels, labeling, when to warm your sake and how the production and milling of sake produces different grades and taste profiles. This class will be filled with opportunities to taste many different types of sake and demonstrate how simple it is to pair with food. Kanpai!
Instructor: Chad Lobner, Kimonos Sushi Restaurant Manager
Does your beer knowledge start with “Bud” and end with “weiser”? Expand your beer horizons with micro brews and craft beers from around the world. Discover the process behind different brews and their impact on the food and beverage industry during the past few years as well as future trends. After completing a lesson on the brewing process, enjoy a personal tasting of the multiple styles of beer and perfect food pairings for any meal.
Instructor: Adam Bagwell, Restaurants Manager
Learn the basics of champagne, including the importance of the grapes, land, climate, and viticulture to the process. Be introduced to the five key regions of Champagne and the different champagne styles in all areas of the world. Hone sight, smell and taste as we finish with a blind champagne tasting.
Instructor: Olivier Zambaux, Shula’s Steak House Manager/Certified Wine Sommelier
Once you’ve become an expert in your beverage of choice, it’s time to let your inner bon vivant free! Stroll to the causeway on Crescent Lake to immerse in a culinary festival with live music and tastings from the resort’s award-winning restaurants and lounges:
- Treat your palate to a creative take on molecular cuisine with“Steamrollers” and “Pipettes” from Todd English’s bluezoo.
- “Pick Your Own Filet” from Shula’s Steak House and experience a personal cooking demonstration.
- Savor the simple, yet vibrant, flavors of Italian cuisine from Il Mulino New York Trattoria.
- Experience the art of sushi from our authentic Japanese sushi restaurant, Kimonos.
- Be taken poolside in South Beach with just one bite of the chic, contemporary American cuisine of Cabana Bar and Beach Club.
- Indulge in delectable desserts created by Executive Pastry Chef Laurent Branlard, two time World Pastry Champion.
Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic Details
Dates: Friday, Oct. 8 and Saturday, Oct. 9
4:30pm – 5:30pm – Beverage Seminars
5:30pm – 9:30pm – Tasting Stations Open on Causeway Where?
Location: Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort
1500 Epcot Resorts Blvd.
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830
Reservations and Tickets
Tickets to the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic are available as part of a hotel package or individually. Seating for the seminars is limited and reservations are suggested.
• One and two night packages are available starting at $169* per night and include a beverage seminar for two plus unlimited food and beverage samplings at the Food & Wine Classic (food and beverage stations will be different each evening)
• Advance purchase event-only tickets are available for $50 and include one seminar and unlimited food and beverage samples on the causeway
• Day of event-only tickets will be available for $50 and include unlimited food and beverage samples on the causeway
• Tickets may be purchased for a la carte sampling @ $2 per ticket or as a booklet of 25 tickets for $45
• Entertainment will include Pieces of a Dream, The Latin Jazz All Stars and The Groovemasters
For reservations, please call 1-888-828-8850 1-888-828-8850 and refer to rate code FWCLAS.
For seminar reservations only, please call 407-934-1609 407-934-1609 .