Disney World Tickets are a major part of the expense of your Walt Disney World Resort Vacation. It is important to know the facts and understand how the tickets work and the structure of the ticket prices.
2010 Disney World Magic Your Way Tickets
Walt Disney World Theme Park Tickets are called Magic Your Way Tickets. It is an ala carte system of purchasing the number of days and options you need to suit your particular vacation.
Disney World Base Tickets
The MYW (Magic Your Way) Base Ticket entitles you to visit any one of the four Walt Disney World Resort Theme Parks (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, & Disney’s Animal Kingdom ) during each day that you purchase. You will be entitled to unlimited entry and exit to that park during that day’s operating hours.
These tickets will expire 14 days after the initial use.
Disney World Base Ticket Pricing For 2010
# of Days Adult $ Child (3-9) $
1 $ 79 $68
2 $156 $133
3 $219 $187
4 $225 $192
5 $228 $195
6 $231 $198
7 $234 $201
8 $237 $204
9 $240 $207
10 $243 $210
Base Ticket Pricing is shown in the tableabove. You will notice that starting at vacations of 4 days and longer, the per day price goes down dramatically. Prices shown are before tax.
Disney World Ticket Options
There are three basic options that can be added to the Base tickets:
1. Park Hopping: This option allows you to visit any and/or all of the four Walt Disney World Resort Theme Parks (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, & Disney’s Animal Kingdom) during the same day with unlimited entry and exit to those parks during that day’s operating hours.
2. Water Park Fun & More: This option allows you a specific number of visits, from 2 to 10, depending upon the number of Base Ticket days, to the following entertainment or recreation venues in any combination: Disney’s Blizzard Beach water park, Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon water park, DisneyQuest, Disney’s Oak Trail golf course, & Disney’s Wide World of Sports.
3. No Expiration: Any unused days will not expire after 14 days and are good forever.
Disney World Ticket Option Pricing For 2010
Park Hopper - $52 to add to any Base Ticket no matter how many days.
Water Park Fun & More - $52 to add to any Base Ticket no matter how many days. The greater the number of days on the base ticket, the more Water Park Days are added.
No Expiration - This varies from $18 for a two day base ticket to $209 for a 10 day base ticket. The more days the greater the cost of this option.
Disney World Annual Passes
There are two types of Annual passes available to the general public. They are the regular Annual Pass (AP) and the Premium Annual Pass (PAP). Each comes in an adult (ages 10 & up) and child (ages 3 – 9 ) version.
Annual Pass (AP)
The Annual Pass entitles the passholder unlimited entry to the 4 Walt Disney World Resort theme parks (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, & Disney’s Animal Kingdom) for a period of 1 year from the date of activation (If Pass is activated on May 1st, 2009 then the last day it can be used is May 1st 2010.).
The Annual Pass grants the passholder unlimited entry and return to all of the parks on any day, including full Park Hopping privileges.
Passholders also are entitled to :
- Free Parking at the 4 Walt Disney World Theme Parks
- Opportunity to purchase Disney Dining Experience Discount Card
- Dining and Shopping discounts at selected shops and restaurants
- A Quarterly AP Newsletter called Mickey Monitor
- Discounted Tours and Recreational activities.
A special AP section of the Disney Website is available only to Passholders to stay current on the most recent news, discounts, and opportunities.
From time to time Annual Passholders also receive special Resort Room Discounts and special access to preview new attractions ahead of the general public.
Premium Annual Pass (PAP)
The Premium Annual Pass includes all of the above along with unlimited visits to the Disney World Water parks (Typhoon Lagoon & Blizzard Beach), as well as, Disney Quest, Disney’s Wide World of Sports, & Disney’s Oak Trail Golf Course.
Current Disney World Annual Pass Prices (shown without tax) for 2010 :
Adult = $489 Child(3 - 9) = $423
Premium Anual Pass
Adult = $619 Child (3-9) = $546