Star Wars Weekends is the annual Disney World tribute to the Star Wars movies, television series, and characters that lasts four weekends each year. This year is special because it coincides with the 30th Anniversary of “The Empire Strikes Back.”
Star Wars Weekends are filled with activities that are included with your Hollywood Studios admission.
2010 Star Wars Weekends Dates
Star Wars Weekends runs from Friday through Sunday for 4 consecutive weekends.
- May 21 – 23
- May 28 – 30
- June 4 – 6
- June 11 - 13
• At the start of each day before the Park opens be sure to show up early to see the antics and hear the Storm Troopers perched on top of the ticket turnstiles. This is very entertaining.
• Celebrity Hosts Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett) and Ashley Eckstein (voice of Ahsoka) will be there all 4 weekends.
• Special Guests – Each weekend different Star Wars celebrities will be there to sign autographs and participate in talk show style question and answer sessions to share some of their insight to the Star Wars Saga (see schedule below). There are special FASTPASS kiosks just outside the Front Gate that distribute special FASTPASSes to receive a place in line for celebrity guest autographs. You must get there early since there is only a limited number available.
• Star Wars Motorcade – Each day at 11:40 AM the Legends Of The Force Motorcade travels through Hollywood Studios featuring the celebrity guests, many Star Wars characters, and some of your favorite Disney Characters in their Star Wars attire. Great photo opportunities!
• Behind The Force - Ashley Eckstein (voice of Ahsoka) hosts a twice daily program where she and her celebrity guests share some of the details behind the scenes for the Star Wars movies and Star Wars: The Clone Wars TV series.
• Stars Of The Saga: Star Wars Celebrity Talk Show: Each day Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett) will host a talk show format show with celebrity guests sharing their favorite Star Wars memories.
• Jedi Training Academy – This is the chance for future Jedi’s to receive training and face Darth Vader himself in a lightsaber duel.
• Character Encounters – Throughout the day you will find many Star Wars characters available for great photo opportunities. You will find characters from both the Star Wars movies and the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series.
• Hyperspace Hoopla – Each day ends with a party filled with fun intergalactic antics with your favorite Star Wars Characters.
• Exclusive Star Wars Weekends Merchandise – No visit is complete without visiting Boba’s Bounty to find some excusive Star Wars Weekends merchandise to remember the event.
Call Upon the Force!
New this year: Call (407) 827-2799 and choose from either the Light Side or the Dark Side of the Force to hear a special message from a Star Wars character inviting you to be a part of this special event!
2010 Star Wars Weekends Celebrity Schedule
Weekend 1: May 21 - 23, the actual 30th Anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back
• Temuera Morrison (Jango Fett)
• Daniel Logan (Boba Fett, Episode II)
• Dee Bradley Baker (voice of Captain Rex, Star Wars: The Clone Wars)
Weekend 2: May 28 - 30
• Matthew Wood (voice of General Grievous)
• Lorne Peterson (Chief Model Maker, Star Wars Saga)
• Tom Kane (voice of Yoda, Star Wars: The Clone Wars)
Weekend 3: June 4 - 6
• Billy Dee Williams (Lando Calrissian)
• Ray Park (Darth Maul)
• Dave Filoni (Supervising Director, Star Wars: The Clone Wars)
Weekend 4: June 11 - 13
• Ray Park (Darth Maul)
• Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca)
• James Arnold Taylor (voice of Obi-Wan Kenobi, Star Wars: The Clone Wars)
Appearances subject to change without notice.
Fun Event For Entire Family
This is one of the best special events that is held at the Walt Disney World Resort each year. It appeals to the entire family whether you are a big Star Wars fan or not.
Many guests will attend the event in their own Star Wars costumes. This really adds to the fun atmosphere. Definitely something everyone should try to see at least once!