During this incredibly popular Epcot event more than 25 international marketplaces are set up around World Showcase to tempt your palette with their delightful cuisines and tasty beers and wines.
Some highlights that were noted by Disney World in their press release:
- Two new tasting marketplaces – Belgium and South Korea –plus new menu offerings at popular returning marketplaces including Singapore, Argentina, Chile, Poland, South Africa, Australia, U.S.A., Spain and others.
- Celebrity chef appearances starring top culinarians like Warren Brown, Cat Cora, Todd English, Gale Gand, Robert Irvine, Art Smith, Andrew Zimmern and more.
- A complimentary Marketplace Discovery Passport to be stamped at each international marketplace visited for the perfect scrapbook souvenir.
- Daily wine seminars, bottle signings, author events and culinary demonstrations at the Festival Welcome Center.
- Eat to the Beat! concerts three times nightly at America Gardens Theatre.
- Two Epcot restaurants grand opening just in time for the festival: Via Napoli at the Italy pavilion and La Hacienda de San Angel at the Mexico pavilion.
For the adult that thinks Disney World is only for kids, they really need to check out the Food & Wine Festival. Although the event has many kid friendly events, there are several adult only wine tastings and beer seminars that appeal to the novice and the expert alike.
One of the highlights to this yearly festival is the food. The tapas sized portions of foods (priced from $3 - $6) from over 25 different regions of the world always make it a fun time to stroll around Epcot's World Showcase. This is a great way to get exposed to some international dishes and flavors that you may not normally get exposed to.
Eat To The Beat Concert Series
Another F&W Festival highlight is the free concerts held 3 times nightly at the America Gardens Theater. The musical acts are all nationally recognized. This year there are a number of new acts making this one of the most impressive line-ups to date. Here is a list of acts currently scheduled to appear:
- Sugar Ray
- Air Supply
- Howard Jones
- Roger Hodgson (formerly of Supertramp)
- Rick Springfield
- Taylor Dayne
- Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
Each year over one million people visit Epcot during the 6 weeks of the Food & Wine Festival to take part in the festivities.
Additional highlights include:
- The Festival Welcome Center, with a Wine Bar, Authentic Taste Seminars, Authors Without Borders weekend conversations and more.
- Some 250 chefs including Disney chefs and guest chefs from across the country conducting culinary demonstrations and hosting dinners and tasting events. Guest chefs on tap include Debbie Gold, Rock Harper, Jeff Henderson, Robin Miller, Jamie Deen and many other culinary stars.
- New events that include 3-D Disney’s Dessert Discovery and a festival preview night, First Bites Opening Reception, on Sept. 30.
- Popular returning events that include Celebrating Family and Friends in the Kitchen, Epcot Wine Schools, Mexico Tequila Tastings and Food and Wine Pairings.
- The weekly Party for the Senses grand tasting event with tempting bites from eminent chefs, more than 50 wines and beers and live entertainment.
Make this year the year that you finally visit the Epcot Food & Wine Festival. Speaking from experience, I can honestly say that this is one of Disney World's best special events and definitely one that you should make plans to check out for yourself.
Stay tuned for more updates as we get closer to the start of the festival.