The tickets for the theme parks are one of, if not the most expensive portions of your Walt Disney World vacation. Knowing what to buy is much more important than knowing where to buy when it comes to saving money.
Disney World Ticket Buying Tips
1. Disney World does not offer much in the way of discounts on theme park tickets. Disney World discounts their Resort hotels and their packages that include hotel room and park tickets. Consider package deals before buying your tickets separately, so that you can be eligible for Disney's best discounts.
2. Disney World offers a tiered pricing system for tickets that favors longer stays. You get a much better deal for vacation stays that are 4 days or longer. Here is a table of current prices for Magic Your Way Base tickets (all ticket prices shown before tax):
For days 1 through 3 you average over $73/day. Starting with day 4 the average cost per day goes down dramatically to $56.25/day. At 7 days you are down to $33.43/day.
3. You are much better off planning one 6 - 7 day ($231-$234) vacation instead of two 2-3 day ($312-$438) vacations. Because of the tiered pricing for the tickets, taking longer vacations spaced further apart is much more economical then taking several short vacations.
4. The park hopping option costs $52 per ticket, no matter how many days you buy the ticket for. This really only makes sense for the longer visits. Otherwise save your money and don't get this option.
5. You can always upgrade your tickets at the parks, even after you have used them, as long as you upgrade within 14 days of initial use. If you are unsure about Park Hopper option, don't get it and add later if you really need it.
6. You can not downgrade tickets, or get refunds for unused options. If you are not sure what to do, buy the lower amount and upgrade when needed, with no cost penalty to do so.
Where To Purchase Disney World Tickets
When you are ready to purchase your tickets, stay with a reputable ticket seller.
I recommend these 4 options for buying your tickets:
- Purchase from a reputable ticket broker like OrlandoFunTickets.com.
- On-line with Disney World: http://www.disneyworld.com/
- Purchase through AAA either on-line or at local office.
- Purchase through a Travel Agent that specializes in Disney Travel and doesn't charge fees. Here you can pay the same that you would directly with Disney World and have the extra service that you get from a travel agent. They can also help apply additional discounts to your reservation if they apply, saving you even more money.
Planning Carefully Can Yield Big Savings
By following these tips and planning your Walt Disney World Vacation to take advantage of the tiered ticket system and looking for package savings & discounts, you can save a lot of money.
For additional information about Walt Disney World Resort tickets visit: Only WDWorld's Disney World Ticket Facts