The 2010 version of the Epcot Flower & Garden Festival, which will be the 17th annual installment of this wonderful event, is right around the corner. This Disney World special event starts on March 3 and runs for 75 days through May 16, 2010.
The same Festival Guide that you receive when you are touring Epcot during the festival is now available in electronic form online: 2010 Epcot Flower & Garden Festival Guide.
In the Festival Guide you will find a map detailing the location of the 28 special gardens, topiaries, and merchandise locations that have been created just for the Flower & Garden Festival.
Each Friday, Saturday, & Sunday during the festival there will be special guest speakers and seminars entitled Great American Gardeners and Disney Gardening At Home. The guide details the topics to be presented each of the 11 weekends.
New For 2010
Here are some of the special new additions for the 17 Annual F&G Festival:
• Celebrate The Great Outdoors! – Topiary display and garden
• Water Wise Herbs & Vegetables
• Classic Disney Couples – Topiary garden
• A Salute to Community Gardens
• Garden Town Breakfast – Mar 21, Apr 18, & May 16 A Welcome Breakfast prepared by Disney Chefs using ingredients from the Land Pavilion while learning horticultural and culinary techniques. ($60 per person)
• Expanded Butterfly Garden.
Epcot Celebrates Spring
Come enjoy the wonderful topiaries and gardens created by Disney’s talented horticultural staff and witness the hundreds of thousands of blooming plants. The Epcot Flower & Garden Festival is certainly not a Disney World event to be missed!