The well advertised Disney Parks promotion for 2010 "Give A Day. Get A Disney Day." has begun.
As a follow up to the wildly successful program in 2009 where anyone could get a free one day park ticket to a Disney World or Disneyland theme park on their birthday, 2010 brings a new element to the free park ticket giveaway.
For 2010 Disney will give away 1 million one day theme park tickets to people who follow the requirements and volunteer a day of their time to one of the available charities. The time involved varies depending upon the volunteering task, but may be as little as 2 1/2 hours.
To get started you need to go to the DisneyParks website to register.
- Search & Sign Up
- Redeem & Celebrate
Some key program stipulations include:
- Each person can one earn 1 free ticket, no matter how much they volunteer.
- Anyone who lives in the United States, Puerto Rico, or Canada age 6 or above is eligible to volunteer.
- You must sign up to volunteer through the official Disney Site to qualify. Volunteer activities outside of thissign-up process do not qualify.
- Ticket quantities are limited and program may end early if allotted tickets are all distributed.
- Volunteer service must be verified, then you will be eligible to print a vocher to take to the park to be traded for a one day ticket to one of the major theme parks.
- There are black out days. For Disney World you cannot use the free ticket from March 29 - April 8 and July 4th..
- Tickets are non-transferrable.
Program Benefits The Community And The Guests
This program sounds like a great way for Disney to help the commuinty and give people an opportunity to easily earn a park ticket to Disney World or Disneyland. Hopefully it will run smoothly and be a win-win situation for all involved.