Join me as I represent Only WDWorld at the final running of the "Race For The Taste 10K" at Disney World which will occur on Sunday October 11th.
The race has been held the last several years in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
Registration for the race is currently 82% full and October 4th is the last day to sign up, so there is no more time to procrastinate. You can sign up at Disney Endurance Series.
You don't have to be a professional runner to participate. If you have the will to persevere and can meet the 15 minutes per miles pacing requirement, then you can compete.
If you are like me, the event is not about winning, but rather experiencing the journey. This event really sounds cool, so I am training in order to be able to experience it firsthand.
DISNEY’S RACE FOR THE TASTE 10K Features:
Where else do you have the opportunity to go through Disney's Hollywood Studios and Epcot all before 8:30 am? Ok, you don't get to ride any of the attractions or take in a show, but it is still cool to be in the parks at that hour before they are officially open.
The race course starts at Disney's Wide World of Sports then travels through Disney's Hollywood Studios. Then you run along the walkway to the Boardwalk, past the Yacht Club and Beach Club Resorts before continuing on the Epcot's International Gateway. A quick trip around the World Showcase lagoon and out the front on Epcot to the Finish Line.
Other Race Highlights:
- Along the way Disney will provide on course entertainment.
- Athlete refreshments at the finish line.
- Timed event with online results.
- Awards presented to the top three male, female, military, and age group winners and male and female champions in the masters and wheelchair divisions.
- Canned food drive to benefit Second Harvest Food Bank.
Post Race Picnic
At the Disney’s Post-Race Picnic runners can choose 3 of the following 4 Food & Wine Festival Offerings (just announced) :
- Argentina Beef Empanada with Tomato Salsa (Buenos Aires)
- Arroz Con Pollo (Chicken with Rice) (San Juan, Puerto Rico)
- Maple Glazed Salmon with Lentil Salad (Montreal, Canada)
- Strawberry Shortcake (United States)
There will also be Disney entertainment face painters, Kids’ Races and the Awards Ceremony. This is included with race entry.
10K participants will also receive:
Bonus for 2009 - Fall Race Challenge:
Don't Miss Out
This looks like a really fun event, and an experience that you will remember for years to come.
Sign up before its too late and you miss out. Be sure to leave a comment on this Blog Post if you are participating, so I know to look for you.
I hope to see you there!