September 25th marked another opening of Epcot's International Food And Wine Festival. This year marks the 14th annual installment of this fabulous event.
For 45 days Epcot will have 27 cities and regions represented in special booths presenting appetizer sized portions of food representing their various locales.
The festival is packed with wines, beers, food, celebrity chefs, cooking demonstrations, and special events throughout the duraction of the event.
This is with a doubt the #1 Special event that Disney holds each year, and it is a big attraction for adults looking for an event that is geared towards them.
Here are some fun facts from the folks at Disney World about the F&W Festival:
- More than 300 national and international wines
- More than 76 kinds of international foods, each appetizer-sized portion priced $2-$7
- More than 160 of America’s most celebrated chefs and Walt Disney World chefs
- 405 wine and beer seminars
- More than 1,200 fireworks rockets exploding each night over World Showcase Lagoon in “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” grand finale to the festival
- 135 Eat to the Beat! concerts performed
- 33,000 bottles of wine and champagne
- 1.2 million hors d’oeuvre plates
- 2.1 million Vanity Fair napkins
- 750,000 beer cups
- 690,000 sumptuous samplings
- 600,000 forks
- 338,000 wine glasses
- 100,000 miniature desserts including crème brûlée, traditional apple strudel, Grand Marnier parfait with Orange Coulis and warm chocolate lava cake with Bailey’s ganache
- 3,000 gallons of soup, including cheddar cheese soup (Montreal marketplace), chicken and coconut soup with mushrooms, lemongrass and ginger (Bangkok, Thailand marketplace) and Mealie soup with crabmeat and chili oil (Capetown, South Africa marketplace)