This July 4th weekend marks the re-opening of the Magic Kingdom's Hall of Presidents attraction after its most extensive refurbishment ever.
Besides the obvious addition of our 44th President, Barack Obama, there is:
- A new 20 minute long opening documentary written by noted Historian Doris Kearns Goodwin and narrated by Morgan Freeman.
- George Washington has a speaking role for the first time.
- Abraham Lincoln now recites the entire Gettysburg Address.
- New Digital audio, video, and lighting to bring the performance to life.
- Never before seen realism in the new President Obama audio-animatronic figure.
Here is an excellent video from DisneyParks that discusses some of the activities that went into the refurbishment along with actual footage of the new President Obama audio-animatronic figure in action.
For a video clip of President Obama himself recording the audio for his Hall of Presidents' figure go to: Only WDWorld Videos.
This extensive refurbishment looks like the Disney Imagineers have done a great job updating one of the Magic Kingdom's original attractions, dating back to October of 1971.