For those of you that are visiting the Walt Disney World Resort during their Free Dining Promotion ( still available through June 21st . See details: Free Dining Promotion )from August 16th - October 3rd, it is time to start thinking about making your Dining Reservations.
Why do I need to think about dinner reservations more than 3 months before my trip?
Glad you asked. During the Free Dining Promotion everyone staying at a Disney World Resort (ok, almost everyone) is taking advantage of the promotion, meaning that all of these people will be eating at one table service restaurant each day. Most will choose to eat this meal sometime after 5:00 pm.
Although the overall crowds will not be bad at Disney World during this season, the crowds in the Disney Restaurants will be higher than normal due to this promotion.
Now that you understand that a lot of people will be eating their evening meal in the Disney World Restaurants during your vacation, you may still wonder why worry about reservations now.
Disney World starts taking dinner reservations 90 days in advance. If you are staying at a Disney Resort you may make your reservations at 90 days from the day you check in and at that time you can make reservations for up to 10 days of vacation. This is a benefit for resort guests so they can potentially make all of their reservations with just one phone call instead of having to call back for each day of their trip.
Believe it or not, the popular restaurants fill up quickly and if you wait too long, you may not get to eat at your first choice. People in previous Free Dining Promotions who chose not to make reservations ahead of time found themselves unable to find a sit down restaurant with available seats. You pay too much for your Disney World Vacation to let that happen to you.
Don't leave things to chance, plan ahead.
- Determine when it is 90 days before you check in.
- Check the Park Hours to help figure out which park you will be visiting each day of your trip.
- Make a list of Restaurants (1st and 2nd choice) for each day of your vacation.
- At the 90 day mark call: 1-407-WDW-DINE ( 407-939-3463) to make your reservations.
- Write all of the information down (day, restaurant, time, confirmation #) and take with you on your trip.
- Make sure you show up slightly before your reservation time to check in.
By planning ahead you will help guarantee that you get to eat in the restaurants of your choice during your upcoming vacation. So whether it is your favorite character meal for the family or that romantic dinner for two, getting your first choice can happen if you plan ahead.
If you need help with Restaurant selections try these links:
- Only WDWorld's Top 7 Disney Dining Plan Restaurants
- Character Dining at Walt Disney World
- Disney Dining Plan 2009 pdf
Which ever restaurant you choose to try for your upcoming vacation, let it be your choice, not the only one that has available seats. Plan now to make the most of your vacation.